- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Comedy Central has named longtime producer Jonas Larsen as vice president of specials, according to a press release from the network.
In his new position, Larsen will be responsible for overseeing original comedy specials productions including the Comedy Central Roast franchise and The Comedy Awards.
Larsen will be based in the network’s California offices and had most recently executive produced Pretty Wicked, a competition series for the Oxygen network in 2009 as well as the seventh season of Celebrity Fit Club: Bootcamp for VH1 in 2010.
“Bringing Jonas on board is a game changer. He’s such a skilled executive producer with great instincts, he’ll be instrumental in taking our original stand-up hour and tent pole event production to new levels,” said Elizabeth Porter, senior vice president, specials and talent at Comedy Central.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day