- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
They may have at one time differed on issues such as gay marriage, women’s rights and economic policy, but Joss Whedon knows he can count on Mitt Romney to create the real kind of change he believes in: the rise of a zombie apocalypse.
Whedon, an active advocate for LGBT issues, calls himself a feminist and a self-described liberal, released a video on Sunday endorsing Romney’s candidacy for the White House, which – if true – would mark a shift from his allegiance to President Obama, to whom he donated $35,000 last year.
“Romney is ready to make the deep rollbacks in healthcare, education, social services, reproductive rights that will guarantee poverty, unemployment, overpopulation, disease, rioting — all crucial elements in creating a nightmare zombie wasteland,” he said . “But it’s his commitment to unregulated corporate privilege that will nosedive this economy into true insolvency and chaos.”
After offering up a few of the classic archetypes in zombie films Whedon continued, “Mitt’s not afraid to face a ravening grasping hoard of subhumans — because that’s how he sees poor people already.”
And Whedon should know: this is a man who ran two long shows about vampires and other undead creatures.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day