- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress nails Palin’s look with a bright suit, patriotic flag pin and similar glasses. She also ditched her trademark red hair for Palin’s brown style, which she wears in a look-alike updo.
Production begins on Wednesday for the movie, directed by Jay Roach and written by Danny Strong. Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman are executive producers.
Ed Harris plays John McCain in the film, which follows the Arizona U.S. Senators failed 2008 Republican presidential bid. Woody Harrelson plays Steve Schmidt, McCain’s senior adviser. Temple Grandin’s Melissa Farman will play Bristol Palin, The Hollywood Reporter first reported Tuesday.
CSI’s Larry Sullivan has been cast as Palin’s deputy chief of staff Chris Edwards, while Trauma’s Jamey Sheridan has nabbed the part McCain’s speechwriter and senior campaign advisor Mark Salter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Late Night With Seth Meyers