- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Carly Rae Jepsen debuted a new song on American Idol Wednesday night. “Take a Picture,” a tune written with the help of season 12 viewers via the Coca-Cola “Perfect Harmony” program, had fans contribute lyrics and performance elements in eight phases. The singer delivered the final version live on the Fox show.
Herself a graduate of Canadian Idol, where she came in third in 2007, Jepsen’s advice for finalists Kree Harrison and Candice Glover: read up on the music business and find some good representation.
PHOTOS: Justin Bieber’s ‘Believe’ Tour in Pictures
But while the 27-year-old insisted that she’d make a “terrible” judge (“I’d be too motherly,” she said), Jepsen fully endorsed friend and fellow artist Justin Bieber for the job.
“Justin would be awesome,” she told The Hollywood Reporter. “He’s got lots of great opinions when it comes to the music world and he’s very experienced especially for being so young.”
Although there has been much speculation as to the future of the Idol panel, Keith Urban told reporters after the show that he would love to come back next year. Randy Jackson recently announced that he would be leaving the show.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day