- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kaley Cuoco could find a second career in hosting. After emceeing the Teen Choice Awards in August, the Big Bang Theory star will preside over the 2012 People’s Choice Awards.
CBS announced Thursday at the Cuoco is set to host the 38th outing of the kudofest, which will air live on Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012.
PHOTOS: 2011 People’s Choice Awards Style
The choice of Cuoco marks a notable departure for the show. The previous five People’s Choice Awards have been hosted by singer and actress Queen Latifah.
“We are thrilled to welcome Kaley as the new host,” executive producer Mark Burnett said. “She’s been making people laugh on top-rated comedy series for the last decade, first with 8 Simple Rules and now with The Big Bang Theory.”
STORY: ‘Big Bang Theory’ Star Kaley Cuoco Engaged to Josh Resnik
In 2010, Cuoco’s current series took home the People’s Choice for favorite comedy, losing out to Glee this year.
Voting to determine nominees in the show’s 41 categories is already open on its official website.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day