- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It looks like Yeezy is going to Hollywood.
For the last several months, American Idol has been teasing the audition of an eager young rapper named Kanye West. Escorted by his then-pregnant wife, Kim Kardashian, the scrappy producer dreams of having a chance to display his rhyming skills for judges Jennifer Lopez, Harry Connick Jr. and Keith Urban.
“I always wanted to rap, and nobody really believed in me,” he tells Urban at the San Francisco stop.
West took a chance with “something original, and it has one of the judges’ names in it.”
In a clip of the audition, Lopez is seen mouthing “It better f—ing be me” as West busts into his song, “Gold Digger,” which boasts the lyrics, “My psychic told me she have an ass like Serena, Trina, Jennifer Lopez, four kids,” earning him the Golden Ticket.
“I can’t believe it!” he squeals as his wife waits outside the door.
American Idol returns for its final season Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET on Fox.
Watch the video below.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day