- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate McKinnon and her Ellen DeGeneres impression took over the real Ellen DeGeneres’ monologue on Wednesday’s Ellen.
Walking out looking identical to the host, McKinnon told DeGeneres, “I got this, blondie. Step aside.”
McKinnon joked about DeGeneres and wife Portia de Rossi’s puppy named Kid, talking about how much she (as DeGeneres) loves baby goats. “True story — I once went on a ski vacation with a baby goat,” said McKinnon.
“That’s not true at all,” said DeGeneres, who later on corrected McKinnon for saying “kitty kitty kitty cats,” something DeGeneres said she never says.
Still, McKinnon continued her story about dogs, cats and a horse jumping on de Rossi’s head. “Animals are everywhere,” she said. “I can’t find the remote and I’m just laying there thinking, ‘I’m Ellen!'”
Then the two Ellens danced together in their matching outfits. McKinnon eventually changed into her own clothes and talked about how her impressions — including of DeGeneres, Justin Bieber and Hillary Clinton — “come out of absolute love” for whomever she is impersonating. She also chatted about the new Ghostbusters film. Watch below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day