- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate McKinnon won the Emmy for best supporting actress in a comedy series on Sunday night for Saturday Night Live.
McKinnon couldn’t hold back her emotions as she tearfully accepted her first Emmy award. The SNL star thanked creator Lorne Michaels for “giving me the job of my life” and her father, who “made me start watching SNL when I was 12.”
“I miss you, Pops,” she ended her speech. McKinnon also thanked presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, both of whom she has impersonated on SNL. Clinton later congratulated McKinnon on Twitter.
Congratulations on your Emmy, Kate! Big fan of yours, too. pic.twitter.com/w00QO1GwyH
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) September 19, 2016
Jimmy Kimmel hosted the 2016 Primetime Emmy Awards, airing live on ABC from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant