- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate Winslet and Priyanka Chopra-Jonas are lending their voices to an HBO Max series based on the popular meditation app Calm.
The show, A World of Calm, is set to premiere Oct. 1 on the WarnerMedia streaming platform. Winslet and Chopra-Jonas will join the likes of Mahershala Ali, Idris Elba, Oscar Isaac and Nicole Kidman in narrating episodes, which build on the “Sleep Stories” in the Calm app.
The A-list lineup of narrators for the 10-episode show also includes Zoë Kravitz, Lucy Liu, Cillian Murphy and Keanu Reeves.
Each episode of A World of Calm will combine “mesmeric imagery” with narration that’s designed to transport viewer into tranquility through scientifically engineered narratives, enchanting music and astounding footage. Settings for the story range from a noodle maker’s shop in Seattle to the outer reaches of space.
The Calm app is among the most downloaded health and fitness apps on both the Android and Apple marketplaces. Calm produces the series with Nutopia (National Geographic’s One Strange Rock). Jane Root, Nicola Moody, Michael Acton Smith and Chris Advansun executive produce, and Sara Brailsford and Fiona Caldwell are co-executive producers.
A World of Calm is HBO Max’s first entry in the health and wellness space.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day