- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Turner — who previously appeared in the Netflix comedy’s second season — will continue her role as Roz Volander, the ex-wife of Michael Douglas’ Sandy Kominsky and doctor with whom Sandy has a very volatile relationship. In season three, Roz will come to Los Angeles to spend time with their daughter Mindy, played by Sarah Baker. Turner already has a long on-screen relationship with Douglas, having previously starred together in Romancing the Stone, Jewel of the Nile and War of the Roses.
The news of Turner’s return comes after Alan Arkin opted not to return for the final season of the Emmy-nominated Chuck Lorre show. The actor made the decision to leave after season two dropped late last year; sources note the global pandemic did not play a role. Arkin’s absence will be written into the upcoming third season of the series.
In the comedy, Douglas stars as Kominsky, an actor-turned-acting coach, and Arkin portrayed his long-suffering agent and friend, Norman. Netflix officially renewed The Kominsky Method in July for a third and final season. An episode count and return date have not yet been determined.
Turner is repped by Buchwald and Culture Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day