- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Key art for the program hit the web Monday with the tagline, “The Opportunity Begins September 6th.”
Katie premieres on ABC in fall 2012 and is part of Couric’s overall deal with the network that allows her to anchor specials, contribute interviews and participate in special events coverage across ABC’s dayparts.
Details on Couric’s new syndicated talker are being held closely to the vest but Disney/ABC Television Group president Anne Sweeney told The Hollywood Reporter in June that the show would be “topical” and “capture the zeitgeist of what people are talking about.”
She continued, “It will be serious at times, obviously informative and fun. Really, a mixture of things we hope people will be interested in. It’s not going to be a news show, but we’ll be talking about the news and issues that I think people care about, whether it’s bullying or the effect technology has on our kids.
“It might be a profile of a navy seal after Osama Bin Laden has been killed; it might talk about women in the military and some of the stresses they experience in reentry with their families.
Couric began her news career at ABC in 1979 as a desk assistant.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day