- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katy Perry has been cut from an upcoming episode of “Sesame Street” after parents complained of her skimpy, cleavage-baring top.
A rep for the long-running PBS show (which premieres its 41st season on Monday, September 27) tells The Hollywood Reporter in a statement: “Sesame Street has a long history of working with celebrities across all genres, including athletes, actors, musicians and artists. Sesame Street has always been written on two levels, for the child and adult.
“We use parodies and celebrity segments to interest adults in the show because we know that a child learns best when co-viewing with a parent or care-giver. We also value our viewer’s opinions and particularly those of parents.
“In light of the feedback we’ve received on the Katy Perry music video which was released on You Tube only, we have decided we will not air the segment on the television broadcast of Sesame Street, which is aimed at preschoolers. Katy Perry fans will still be able to view the video on You Tube and on katyperry.com.”
The YouTube clip of Perry singing “Hot ‘n’ Cold” with Elmo has been seen by more than a million viewers since hitting the Web earlier this week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day