- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Once again Keith Olbermann is suspending his “Worst Persons In The World” segment.
The Current TV host made the announcement on Wednesday during his show Countdown with Keith Olbermann. He last stopped the segment for a few weeks in November 2010 after Jon Stewart’s “Rally to Restore Sanity.”
Conservative commentators charged a double standard between the recent controversy over Rush Limbaugh calling Georgetown University law student Sandra Fluke a “slut” and earlier comments Olbermann made about conservative commentators S.E. Cupp and Michelle Malkin.
In 2009, Olbermann tweeted that Cupp was “a perfect demonstration of the necessity of the work Planned Parenthood does.” That same year he called Malkin a “big, mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick on it.”
Olbermann denied either comment was sexist but promised to apologize to both women. He then made the surprise announcement that he was stopping the controversial feature.
“I’m going to try to raise my standard about not using gratuitously abusive remarks about women, and men,” he said. “In fact, I’m going to suspend the Worst Persons segment again, possibly permanently.”
See video of Olbermann making the announcement below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day