- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It looks like Kelly Ripa has finally found a co-host.
Disney-ABC Domestic TV is expected to announce next month that Michael Strahan will take over the Live! With Kelly spot that was vacated by Regis Philbin in November, sources said.
A Live spokesperson had no comment when contacted by The Hollywood Reporter.
Strahan, the former New York Giants star defensive end who now serves as a football analyst on Fox NFL Sunday, is one of several guest co-hosts who have appeared on the show since Philbin’s departure.
Since Philbin’s exit, Live has had numerous guest co-hosts, starting with Jerry Seinfeld. Others included Neil Patrick Harris, Jim Parsons, Alec Baldwin, Kim Kardashian, Mary J. Blige and Ripa’s husband, Mark Consuelos.
In addition to Strahan — whose TV experience also includes a role as a regular on the short-lived 2009 Fox sitcom Brothers — other names that had been speculated as contenders to fill the chair on a permanent basis were Seth Meyers, Josh Groban and Pat Kiernan, all of whom have served as guest co-hosts on the syndicated show.
Live‘s new season premieres Sept. 3.
The news of Strahan’s hiring was first reported by Broadcasting & Cable.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day