- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Kelsey Grammer is the latest big-name actor to line up a guest spot on Modern Family.
The former Frasier star will play “Keifth,” a circus ringmaster whom Cam (Eric Stonestreet) once dated. Grammer begins shooting his part in the eighth season of the long-running ABC comedy this week. The episode, titled “Ringmaster Keifth,” is slated to air in early January.
The role marks a reunion for Grammer and Modern Family co-creator and executive producer Christopher Lloyd, who previously worked together for several years on the Emmy-winning sitcom Frasier, as well as the short-lived Fox comedy Back to You.
In the same episode, Fred Willard — who was last seen in season six of the show in 2015 — will return as Phil’s (Ty Burrell) father Frank Dunphy.
The 20th Century Fox TV-produced series broke new ground earlier this year when it cast 8-year-old Jackson Millarker, the first openly transgender child actor.
Modern Family airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Dear Mama’ Director Allen Hughes on Tupac Shakur’s Legacy: “He Lived More in a Day Than Most in a Year”
Kaley Cuoco and Chris Messina Couldn’t Stop Laughing While Filming ‘Based on a True Story’: “We Drove People Crazy”
Guest Column: ‘Mind Over Murder’ Director on How a Play Swayed Opinion Over a Murder