- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dirty Dancing choreographer and High School Musical director Kenny Ortega is reuniting with Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino.
Ortega, who has directed several episodes of Gilmore Girls, has been tapped to helm the third episode of Sherman-Palladino’s new ABC Family ballet drama Bunheads, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively. The episode is slated to air June 25.
Bunheads centers on a Las Vegas showgirl who impulsively marries a man, moves with him to a sleepy coastal town and takes an uneasy role at her mother-in-law’s dance school. Sutton Foster, Kaitlyn Jenkins, Julia Telles, Bailey Buntain and Emma Dumont star in the hourlong drama. Gilmore Girls alum Kelly Bishop guest stars.
Production on Bunheads began last week in Los Angeles.
Ortega, repped by Paradigm, is set to direct the Dirty Dancing reboot.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day