- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Puppies apparently know their horses.
Earlier in the week, Jimmy Fallon took part in a Tonight Show segment in which he used a bunch of puppies to try to predict which horse would emerge victorious in the Kentucky Derby. The bit involved puppies racing to a trough of food, and each pooch corresponded to a different thoroughbred.
As it turns out, the puppy representing American Pharoah won the contest — and on Saturday, the actual American Pharoah won the Derby.
“The puppies were right!!!” an excited Fallon tweeted after the Derby’s completion.
Fallon has used a similar bit to attempt to predict this year’s NCAA football and basketball championships, but the puppies weren’t as prescient in those instances.
The talk show host’s tweet can be seen below, along with video of the Tonight Show segment.
The puppies were right!!! Congrats American Pharoah #KentuckyDerby
— jimmy fallon (@jimmyfallon) May 2, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day