- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kenya Barris is partnering with Alec Baldwin for a new sitcom, which just got a straight-to-series order at ABC.
The project is being developed as a possible starring vehicle for Baldwin, though the actor (who is also developing a talk show with the network) is said to be keeping his options open. Written by Barris and Grown-ish scribe Julie Bean, both of whom will also serve as showrunners, the show centers on an opinionated, aging TV star who has to move in with his liberal daughter, her girlfriend and their child.
All three principals are under overall deals at ABC Studios. Barris, whose Blackish continues to be broadcast TV’s most-lauded comedy, next launches spinoff Grown-ish. He has had several pilots in contention at ABC in recent years, but this is his first straight-to-series order. The network is eyeing it for next season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day