- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kerry Washington is adding to her development team.
The Scandal star has tapped Django Unchained producer Pilar Savone to head development for her ABC Studios-based Simpson Street production banner. Savone will serve as executive vp production and development for the company.
The deal marks a reunion for Washington and Savone, who worked together on Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained.
Washington inked the overall deal with ABC Studios last year and will develop broadcast, cable and streaming projects for the producers of Scandal as well as its cable arm ABC Signature. The first project under the pact was the Emmy-nominated HBO TV movie Confirmation, which Washington starred in and exec produced.
Savone’s credits include Inglorious Basterds and Death Proof, and serving as an assistant director on Jackie Brown before working as Tarantino’s assistant on the Kill Bill features. Her career started as an assistant director with credits including Spy Game, Company Man, Arlington Road, The Minus Man and Nowhere. Savone is a graduate of Syracuse University.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day