- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Following panelists fielded a flurry of questions by reporters at its Television Critics Association’s winter press tour session Tuesday, many of them revolving around violence and the cable-esque sexual situations. So it was a mood lightener when a reporter opted to go the fan route, saying that there came a point during the show, which debuts Jan. 21 at 9 p.m., when she wanted Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy’s alter egos to kiss.
Moments later, Bacon and Purefoy did just that (see photo above). “Rule nothing in, rule nothing out,” Purefoy joked following the peck.
The Following centers on FBI agent Ryan Hardy (Bacon) who finds himself at the center of a network of serial killers, led by Joe Carroll (Purefoy).
Creator and executive producer Kevin Williamson admitted to reporters that The Following is extremely dark. “There are some moments that are squeamish,” he said. “It’s not for the faint of heart.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day