- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The brother of the late comedian Chris Farley is not pleased with a guest contributor on CNN comparing the past few days of the Donald Trump campaign to the final days of his brother.
On Tuesday, talk show host John Phillips, a Trump supporter, appeared on the news network and discussed the GOP presidential nominee’s controversial week.
“Over the last few days, I’m not surprised to see people running for the hills,” Phillips said. “The last 72 hours for Donald Trump have been the political equivalent of Chris Farley’s final 72 hours on planet Earth.”
Those joining Phillips on the panel had visible reactions to the remark.
Kevin Farley had a three-word response: “Tasteless and rude,” he told The Hollywood Reporter.
Chris Farley, a star on Saturday Night Live, who appeared in numerous films, died of a drug overdose in December 1997.
Watch Phillips’ remarks below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Dana Carvey Reveals Why He Wouldn’t Let Robin Williams Make an Appearance in Iconic Church Lady ‘SNL’ Sketch
‘Vanderpump Rules’ Reunion Reveals Tom Sandoval and Raquel Leviss’ Private Chat About Ariana Madix; Restraining Order Update
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
‘Rings of Power’ Star Sophia Nomvete on Fighting Racist Backlash: “My Place in This Show Is Not Just a Celebration, It Is an Act of Defiance”