- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS has cast Anna Faris‘ missing father on Mom.
Stand-up comedian Kevin Pollak has landed the key role on the freshman comedy from executive producer Chuck Lorre, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Pollak will play Alvin Biletnikoff, the boyfriend who abandoned Bonnie (Allison Janney) while she was in the hospital giving birth to Christy (Faris). He now owns a body shop a few hours away from Napa and has grown kids of his own. He’ll first appear in a January episode of the series, with the potential to return for additional episodes.
Pollak’s casting brings him back into the CBS fold after he co-starred on the network’s Beverly Hills Cop pilot last season. The drama, starring Brandon T. Jackson, did not move forward at the network.
The comedian’s credits include playing a D.A. on Shark, a guest turn on HBO’s Family Tree and roles on Childrens Hospital and Men at Work. Repped by Innovative, Pollak most recently has been hosting his own online interview show.
Mom airs Mondays at 9:30 p.m. on CBS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day