- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele geeked out on Wednesday night’s penultimate episode of Key & Peele with a running joke about beloved astrophycisist and Cosmos host Neil deGrasse Tyson‘s decidedly un-transcendent marital squabbles.
The skits begin with Key all dressed up as Mrs. deGrasse Tyson yelling at her husband (Peele). He hasn’t walked the dog, Sputnik, who’s pissed on the drapes. “Neil, it doesn’t make any sense! You’re an astrophysicist!” she exclaims. “How can you not keep track of little details like this?!”
Cue the twinkling music and the soothing wisdom of everybody’s favorite guide to the cosmos.
“Well, actually,” Peele begins, nailing Tyson’s signature lead-in as he walks slowly toward camera with his endless wide-eyed fascination. “It’s the little details that cannot be kept track of, by definition. In 1927, an German university lecturer … “
And filled with goofy wonder, he’s off.
Watch the full clips below.
Neil deGrasse Tyson can reason his way out of any situation. Watch the full episode: http://on.cc.com/1NPp47t
Posted by Key & Peele on Thursday, September 3, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day