- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The cable network announced Friday that the rebooted third season will launch Sunday, June 2 at 8 p.m. with a two-hour premiere.
The 12-episode third season of The Killing will introduce a new case and be set a year after the Rosie Larsen investigation featured in the first two seasons was closed with Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) no longer a detective. She is drawn back when Stephen Holder’s (Joel Kinnaman) search for a runaway girl leads him to a string of murders that connects to a previous investigation she led.
“I am grateful to AMC, Fox TV Studios and Netflix for their commitment to the show and their efforts in bringing The Killing back to air,” creator/executive vp Veena Sud said. “I’m also thrilled to be working with our incredible writing team as we continue to explore the lives of Sarah and Holder, who, like so many real-life detectives, grapple with the consequences to their own lives of a no-holds-barred immersion in the world of a homicide investigation.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day