- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The Kardashians brought good ratings for more than just E! on Sunday night. Oprah Winfrey‘s visit to the reality TV family’s abode brought a significant boost to OWN — even up against this week’s heavy competition from the broadcast network’s NFL and PGA coverage and scripted cable finales.
The 8 p.m. broadcast of Oprah’s Next Chapter brought in 1.1 million viewers, making it one of the top broadcasts in the series’ six-month tenure on the network. Previous highs came from Winfrey’s sit-downs with Steven Tyler in the series premiere (1.1 million), pastor Joel Osteen (1.6 million) and a record-breaking exclusive with the family of late singer Whitney Houston (3.5 million).
In the demographics, the Kardashian installment of Next Chapter topped cable competition for the hour among OWN’s target, women 25-54, earning a 1.14 rating. Compared to OWN’s Sunday ratings a year ago, the demo was up 171 percent and viewers were up 151 percent.
A second installment of Next Chapter at 9 p.m., the conclusion of a two-part interview with Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, pulled in 718,000 total viewers and a .68 rating among women 25-54.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day