- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Game of Thrones star Kit Harington will head to Italy next month for the Giffoni International Film Festival, one of the largest film events dedicated entirely to kids and teenagers. He is set to meet with festgoers and hold a master class on his work, and he also will be presented with the fest’s Giffoni Experience Award on July 19.
In addition to playing Jon Snow on the upcoming seventh season of HBO’s Game of Thrones, which premieres July 16, the London-born actor will next appear in Xavier Dolan’s drama The Life and Death of John F. Donovan and on the BBC drama Gunpowder.
Harington was nominated for an Emmy last year for his work on Game of Thrones, and he has been nominated with the cast for best ensemble five times at the SAG Awards.
The Giffoni Film Fest invites thousands of children and teenagers from 52 countries to serve as film jurors in their various age groups. It has proven to be one of the most popular experiences for film talent to meet one-on-one with their young fans and a great launchpad for new works.
Bryan Cranston will also be honored this year. Past guests of the festival have included Jennifer Aniston, Robert De Niro and Mark Ruffalo.
The Giffoni Film Festival is set to run July 14-22.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day