- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bell will take pre-school aged kids on a “musical adventure,” with original tracks performed by the Frozen star and American Idol finalist Jackie Tohn.
“Music has been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember. I hope this show will inspire a new generation of kids and expose them to the benefits of music, which can be incredibly inspirational, encouraging and fun all at the same time,” Bell said Monday in a statement.
Bell will share producer duties with Tohn, Michael Scharf and Ivan Askwith. The series was created by Tohn and Scharf.
The show will follow Mi, the musical note, who searches for a song each day with pals Do, an electronic tablet, and Re, a bossy keyboard. The trio find their song by the end of each episode.
It will be aimed at pre-school children and be available across multiple screens with apps, games and music videos as part of the project.
For Bell, Do, Re & Mi is the Bad Moms star’s first foray into animation production, though she has voiced both the beloved Princess Anna in Disney’s Frozen and sloth Priscilla in Zootopia.
The series marks the first under new Gaumont animation head Nicolas Atlan, who was appointed earlier this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day