- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kristen Johnston is returning to broadcast TV.
The 3rd Rock From the Sun alum has signed on for CBS’ workplace comedy Real Life, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The project chronicles the relationship of two twentysomethings who go from being co-workers on opposite coasts to working in the same office. Johnston will play Beverly, the loud, confident and fabulous boss at the Los Angeles office.
She joins a cast that also includes Rebecca Rittenhouse (The Mindy Project), Brenda Song (The Social Network) and Lucas Hazlett.
Hilary Winston (Happy Endings) penned the script and will executive produce with How I Met Your Mother creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas. Additionally, How I Met Your Mother director Pamela Fryman is on board to helm the pilot and exec produce. Sony TV will produce the half-hour in association with CBS Television Studios.
Johnston won two Emmys for her performance on NBC’s 3rd Rock and most recently recurred on the network’s long-running medical drama ER. Her other credits include The Exes, Bride Wars, Modern Family, Ugly Betty and Sex and the City. She is repped by Paradigm and Berwick and Kovacik.
Keep track of the latest news and castings at THR.com/PilotSeason and bookmark THR‘s handy guide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day