- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“It is with deep regret to inform everyone that due to my injuries, I am unable to return to The Good Wife at this time,” Chenoweth said in a statement. “Getting better slowly, and thank you everyone for your concern.”
Chenoweth, who will appear in the premiere, instead will use the time to recover from injuries sustained during production on the series.
The actress boarded the CBS Television Studios legal drama in June, booking a recurring role as a political reporter who tries to uncover professional (and personal) dirt on the secretly separated Alicia (Julianna Margulies) and Peter (Chris Noth).
In mid-July, the Glee and Pushing Daisies alum was injured when she was struck by a piece of lighting equipment following a gust of wind. She was hospitalized overnight and released the following day.
Chenoweth, who starred on ABC’s short-lived drama GCB last season, will appear in the Season 4 premiere with the potential to return to Good Wife later in the season.
“We enjoyed having Kristin on the show and would love to have her back when she’s feeling better,” CBS Television Studios said in a statement.
The Good Wife returns for its fourth season at 9 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 30.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day