- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anthony Weiner has made it to Broadway — sort of.
Former Wicked star Kristin Chenoweth sang a modified version of the musical’s hit song, “Popular,” about the beleaguered NYC mayoral hopeful, on Tuesday night’s Tonight Show.
In it, she advises Weiner how to be “the right kind of popular,” pledging that his alter ego “Carlos Danger,” will be “no more.”
“I’ll teach you how to zip your fly. You won’t be that guy, with a camera down his pants,” Chenoweth sang. “I’ll teach you what tweets to tweet. Something clean and sweet.”
Chenoweth further instructed, “You wanna be the mayor, stop acting like a big ol’ whore.”
And she advised Weiner’s wife, Huma Abedin, to “take a page from Hillary and become independent of her hubby, while [Weiner sports] a chat room chubby.”
She also sang some of the song’s original lyrics, including, “Let’s start cause you’ve got an awfully long way to go.”
At that point, she paused to note the possible pun with “long.”
Watch Chenoweth’s full performance of the parody below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day