- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department on Wednesday released the findings of the Tiger Woods crash, which took place in February. Previously, it was unclear if the findings would be made public as Woods had to give his permission. It appears he did.
“Unsafe speed for road conditions” caused the crash that severely injured the 45-year-old Woods on Feb. 23 in Rancho Palos Verdes, Sheriff Alex Villanueva told reporters. Woods was driving 84 to 87 mph on a downhill stretch of road where the posted limit was 45 mph, Villanueva detailed.
The sheriff also responded to criticism that Woods may have been given special treatment since the incident was quickly dismissed a purely an accident, stressing that Woods had no signs of impairment.
“Without signs of impairment, we cannot execute a search warrant,” Villanueva said of Woods’ blood not being tested for drugs or alcohol. “That is not preferential treatment.”
Woods told authorities in the hospital that he had not been drinking nor had he taken any medication, officials said, and his phone was not checked for texting. The pro golfer reportedly has no memory of the crash.
Woods released a statement thanking all first responders who helped to save him
— Tiger Woods (@TigerWoods) April 7, 2021
Woods was not cited for the crash as there were no witnesses for a minor traffic citation.
Woods is recovering from his injuries in his residential state of Florida.
Picture of the collision scene: pic.twitter.com/kPxROUS7TP
— LA County Sheriffs (@LASDHQ) April 7, 2021
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day