- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While The L.A. Complex had a dubious ratings start for The CW, the drama series already has a second season order in Canada where it first aired. The show features several young people who have hit Hollywood looking for their big break. Among them, Benjamin Charles Watson plays Tariq, a talented musician trying to climb the ranks to producer.
In addition to the The L.A. Complex, the Toronto resident was in the award-winning Canadian film, The Limits, and appeared on Syfy’s Warehouse 13 and on the CBS movie, Jesse Stone: Innocents Lost.
On Tuesday’s episode, viewers will learn something huge about his character, Tariq. But right now, the actor reveals some little-known details about himself in a guest blog for The Hollywood Reporter. Here are five things you didn’t know about Benjamin Charles Watson.
1. Every month I have a new food I am obsessed with. I love food! Ever since I was a child, I would pull my chair up to the stove and pretend to cook. I watch the Food Network as often as I possibly can to find new recipes. I have cravings like a pregnant woman! For the past three-and-a-half weeks, I have had sushi for lunch and a pulled pork sandwich for dinner. I am going to have to limit my sushi and pulled pork intake now for the month of May!
2. I can’t swim, even though I was born on an island. I was born and raised in Jamaica until I was 10 years old, and I lived in Mandeville — which is close to the middle of the island — to get to the beach would be almost a 2-hour drive! So, I never learned to swim, and still can’t swim today. I am thinking about taking lessons at some point!
3. I met my best friend in the summer of 2005 in New York City — we speak all the time, but I have not seen him in person since. I attended a talent convention in New York City. At the end of the convention, I returned back to Toronto and my newfound friend, Chris, returned back to Phoenix. We chatted back and forth for about a year and literally became the best of friends. Unfortunately, we lost touch for a few years after that. But in 2009, Facebook brought us back together and now we talk all the time as if it were back when we first met in 2005. I love how there are some people you meet in life and just connect with them instantly. Chris is the one person who knows absolutely everything about me and never judges me. Pretty epic friendship!
4. The first thing I watch in the morning and the last thing I watch at night is The Weather Channel. I am fascinated by how Mother Nature operates. I am always curious about weather systems and what specific things spawn certain meteorological outcome. Not only do I know the weather in my own city, but I also know the weather for cities all over the world. I love to stay informed on what is happening in nature… I think I might retire and spend my days in Florida.
5. My favorite television show of all time is The Golden Girls. I still watch all the reruns. I really am an old man in a young body! At age six, I fell in love! I don’t know what is it, but something about those four women makes me feel safe and at home. Betty White aka Rose is the most memorable character. The show always brings me back to a time when I didn’t have a care in the world.
The L.A. Complex airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on The CW.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day