- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Los Angeles is amazing and diverse. That is the message in a new promotional video released Monday by Los Angeles’ 2024 Olympic bid organizers.
In the video, which is a little longer than a minute, L.A. is called the “western capital of the U.S., the northern capital of Latin America and the eastern capital of the Pacific Rim.” All that is accompanied with amazing visuals of some of the city’s most iconic sites.
“Hosting the Games in Los Angeles would give our city the chance to show the world how much has changed in 40 years,” Mayor Eric Garcetti said in a statement on the LA24 bid committee’s website. “This bid is a bold vision for an innovative, sustainable and inspiring Los Angeles 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games that will benefit our community, the International Olympic Committee and the Olympic Movement.”
Rome, Paris, Hamburg, Germany, and Budapest, Hungary are also vying to host the 2024 games.
In late July, it was announced Boston was withdrawing its bid to host the games over financial concerns.
A host city will be selected by the International Olympic Committee in September 2017.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day