- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The “Just Dance” singer will appear on the next season of RuPaul’s Drag Race, it was announced Tuesday.
Lady Gaga, aka Stefani Germanotta, will appear in the season nine premiere. The new season of RuPaul’s Drag Race launches in March on Logo.
Over the years, Lady Gaga has made no secret of her desire to appear on the long-running reality competition series. In August 2013, she tweeted at host RuPaul asking for a spot on the show.
Can I PLEASE be a judge on drag race! @RuPaul I started out in these club, these women taught me how to serve!
— xoxo, Joanne (@ladygaga) August 14, 2013
As viewership for RuPaul’s Drag Race has risen, so has the caliber of the Logo reality series’ guest stars. Recent guest judges include Demi Lovato, Jessica Alba, Neil Patrick Harris and Khloe Kardashian, among many others.
Lady Gaga’s music sales have surged 1,000 percent since she performed Sunday in Houston. The performance drew 5.1 million tweets, and she has since announced a worldwide tour for her most recent album, Joanne.
Watch a sneak peek of Lady Gaga’s appearance below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Behind The Screen