- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lady Gaga may be stopping by for Thanksgiving — on television that is.
ABC has scheduled A Very Gaga Thanksgiving to air on Thanksgiving day, Nov. 24. The telecast will feature eight performances in front of a small crowd by the singer and a sit-down interview with Katie Couric. The special, conceived and directed by Lady Gaga, will also feature appearances by Tony Bennett and chef Art Smith.
Lady Gaga will perform a duet with Bennett (“The Lady Is a Tramp”) and a slew of her songs, including “Marry the Night,” “You and I” and “The Edge of Glory.” She will also sing holiday songs like “White Christmas.”
For Couric’s sit-down, conducted at the singer’s alma mater Sacred Heart Catholic School in Manhattan, the the two touch on Lady Gaga’s songs and the inspiration behind them. She will also reveal intimate details about her family, friends and her past.
A Very Gaga Thanksgiving is produced by Steven Johnson from Factory Films and Lincoln Square Productions. Rudy Bednar and David Saltz serve as executive producers.
This isn’t the first time Lady Gaga has been the subject of a TV special. Earlier this year, the CW aired Gaga by Gaultier, in which she was interviewed by fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier. The network used it to launch its fall season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day