- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate Television is continuing to push deeper into the unscripted arena.
The company has signed a multiple-year overall deal with Laguna Beach alum Adam DiVello, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Under the pact, DiVello — who during his tenure at MTV was key in developing Laguna Beach — will create, develop and produce unscripted programming for the studio through his Done and Done Productions banner.
“Adam is a terrific producer and we’ve long admired his trendsetting work,” Lionsgate TV Group chairman Kevin Beggs said. “We’re delighted about this partnership, which will open up exciting new opportunities for the creation of unscripted content.”
DiVello produced Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County, which helped pave the way for spinoff The Hills, which ran for six seasons on MTV. DiVello also created and exec produced The Hills and its spinoff, The City.
The deal comes as Lionsgate dives deeper into unscripted fare with series including Oxygen’s Douglas Family Gold, GSN’s Hellavator as well as E! series Christina Milian Turned Up.
DiVello joins a roster of unscripted producers at Lionsgate TV including Eli Frankel, Dave Caplan and Matt Kunitz.
DeVello is repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day