- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Larry Wilmore took on the Bill Cosby controversy during his second The Nightly Show.
“We’ll ask the question did he do it?” Wilmore said at the top of the show. “The answer will be yes.”
See more Broadcast TV’s Returning Shows 2015-16
Cosby has been accused of sexually assaulting multiple women. Wilmore went on to ask why people seemed to dismiss the many accusations against the comedian.
“Is it just because they’re women? Because I would say enough have come forward. The current tally stands at 35 women. How many more do we need?” Wilmore asked. “That’s like if Bill Cosby drug and raped every U.S. President from George Washington to John. F Kennedy.”
Read more ‘The Nightly Show With Larry Wilmore’: First Impressions
Wilmore got serious for a moment (but just a moment).
“Let’s consider for a second that Cosby didn’t do it … OK, we’re done!”
Wilmore is in his first week taking over Stephen Colbert’s 11:30 p.m. time slot.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day