- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
[This story contains spoilers from Sunday’s episode of Last Man on Earth.]
Sunday’s Last Man on Earth envisioned a world where Donald Trump is no longer president.
Will Forte’s Fox comedy used a bottle episode that explained the mysterious drone that appeared from out of nowhere last season. That drone belonged to Kristen Wiig’s Pamela Brinton, a wealthy woman who helps viewers see the world pre-outbreak.
As the virus begins to take hold, Pamela realizes just how serious it is when she learns that the president has passed away — with a news anchor referring to current Vice President Mike Pence as the 46th president of the United States. Of course, Trump is never mentioned by name and what happened to the Republican president — Was he killed by the virus? Impeached? — goes unanswered.
Following Pence’s Last Man death, Paul Ryan becomes the president and, after he, too, is killed by the virus, Rex Tillerson, Steve Mnuchin, Jeff Sessions and Betsy DeVos all follow him as the leader of the free world — and in death themselves.
Last Man on Earth airs Sundays on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day