- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The search is on for the crew of the USS Colorado on Last Resort.
The Hollywood Reporter has an exclusive scene from Thursday’s episode, “Eight Bells,” in which head of the sub Marcus Chaplin (Andre Braugher) gathers the troops in search of three missing crew members, bringing him to Mayor Julian Serrat (Sahr Ngaujah). It’s he who Chaplin hopes will be of significant help.
After exchanging obligatory pleasantries — complete with Serrat’s emphasis on the Colorado‘s temporary accommodations on Sainte Marina — Chaplin gets down to business. What he gets in return, however, may not be what he had in mind.
“Those people over there, their son was killed because of your interference here. You brought violence to this island. Now this child is dead and this woman is in mourning,” Serrat tells Chaplin after showing the captain a grieving family.
Chaplin then clamps down: “I understand our presence here has been a burden. There’s no need for us to quarrel because if we do, you’ll lose.”
But not until Serrat has the final say: “A death by a thousand cuts. That will be war with me.”
Watch the scene above.
Last Resort airs 8 p.m. Thursdays on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day