- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Terriers’ Laura Allen has been cast in the NBC pilot REM.
If this feels like deja vu, it is — and isn’t.
Weeks ago, Allen was tapped to play Tara, Rex’s tennis coach and confidante, in the drama series from Lone Star creator Kyle Killen. Meanwhile, studio 20th Century Fox Television and showrunner Howard Gordon (24) continued their search for an actress to play Rex’s mother, Hannah.
Well, today, the show found its Hannah — in Allen.
Now with Allen set to play Hannah, the team tapped Michaela McManus to play Tara. The pair joins a star-studded cast of Jason Isaacs, Cherry Jones, Dylan Minnette, Steve Harris, Wilmer Valderrama and B.D. Wong in the procedural hybrid, which centers on the simultaneous and parallel lives of a detective who can’t let go of any aspect of his fractured family after a car accident.
McManus, whose TV credits include Vampire Diaries, One Tree Hill and Law and Order: SVU, is repped by UTA and Principal Entertainment.