- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s Law & Order revival is starting to come into focus.
Burn Notice alum Jeffrey Donovan has become the first to be cast on what is being billed as the 21st season of the flagship procedural.
Revived in September with a straight-to-series order, Donovan will play a NYPD detective in the series that is expected to feature some former stars of the original. It’s unclear which stars are being eyed to revisit their characters. The original L&O featured such notable stars as Steven Hill, Jerry Orbach, S. Epatha Merkerson, Sam Waterston and Jesse L. Martin.
In addition to franchise kingpin Dick Wolf, the revival counts Rick Eid, Arthur W. Forney and Peter Jankowski among its exec producers. Eid, who counts Wolf’s FBI, Chicago PD, L&O: SVU and serving as a co-EP on the flagship series, will serve as showrunner on the revival.
Donovan counts seven seasons as the lead on USA Network’s Burn Notice, the second season of FX’s Fargo and Hulu’s Shut Eye among his credits. He next has feature National Champions due on Nov. 24 and Surrounded, 892 and First Love lined up for 2022. He’s repped by ICM Partners, Anonymous Content and Hirsch Wallerstein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Late Late Show
The Fien Print
William Jackson Harper