- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Law & Order: SVU is tapping a seminal sitcom star to play its latest villain.
Everybody Loves Raymond alum Brad Garrett has signed on for the NBC drama’s two-part season finale, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The three-time Emmy winner will play Gary Munson, a corrections officer at New York City’s Rikers Island jail complex who maintains his reputation as a hard-working family man, but hides a long history of corruption and violence against female inmates, both inside and out of prison.
In addition to his breakout turn on the beloved CBS family comedy Everybody Loves Raymond as well as the sitcom ‘Til Death, Garrett is known for roles in the pics Not Fade Away and Sweet and Lowdown. He most recently assayed a dramatic role in season two of FX critical darling Fargo. The actor is repped by UTA, Management 360 and Gendler & Kelly.
Garrett joins other SVU season 17 guest stars including Virginia Madsen and Whoopi Goldberg. The two-part season 17 finale of Law & Order: SVU is set to air May 18 and May 25 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day