- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The detectives and attorneys of Law & Order: SVU will have a new face helping them out with cases in the show’s 20th season.
Sandrine Holt (Homeland) will have a recurring part in the 2018-19 run as Lisa Abernathy, a clinical psychologist that consults on cases for the Manhattan district attorney’s office, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Lisa also has a wife and two children.
Holt is the third actor to take a recurring part on SVU‘s 20th season, which will tie its predecessor Law & Order and Gunsmoke as the longest-running primetime scripted dramas (in terms of seasons). Former Scandal regular George Newbern will play a doctor that has a history — not all of it good — with Rollins (Kelli Giddish), and Dylan Walsh will play a beverage distributor that’s respected in the community and a role model for his kids.
Holt already has one SVU appearance to her name, having guest-starred in a 2016 episode as a different character. She played Russian sleeper agent Simone Martin on Homeland‘s most recent season and has also appeared on The Crossing, MacGyver and House of Cards.
Holt is repped by Innovative Artists and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Law & Order: SVU begins its 20th season on Thursday, Sept. 27, at 9 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day