- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There’s a new sergeant in town on Law & Order: SVU.
Forever alum Andy Karl has been cast in a recurring role as Sgt. Mike Dodds, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
If the name ‘Dodds’ sounds familiar, it’s because his father is none-other-than Deputy Chief William Dodds (Peter Gallagher), who was introduced last season on the NBC procedural. The deputy chief assigns his son to the SVU squad, which obviously complicates matters.
“He’s very well connected so anything you say can be used against you,” showrunner Warren Leight told THR in a recent interview about the new addition.” Our guys trust each other and have each other’s backs to varying degrees. Now there’s a new person coming in and nobody knows how much you can rely on him and whether or not he’s there as a spy.”
His other credits include the original Broadway productions of Legally Blonde, Rocky the Musical and 9 to 5. He is repped by Paradigm, Authentic and Felcher and Freifeld.
Law & Order: SVU returns Wednesday at 9 p.m. on NBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day