- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anne Meara and Patricia Arquette are heading to NBC’s Law & Order: SVU.
The actress/comedian and the former Medium star have been tapped to guest star in an upcoming episode, playing mother and daughter, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The episode, titled “Dreams Deferred,” will revolve around an armed and dangerous man who goes on a killing spree with Arquette’s Jeannie — a prostitute with whom he has a long-standing relationship with — representing the last person he calls. When Jeannie goes missing, the SVU is tasked with convincing their NYPD cohorts that her life is worth saving.
Meara will play Jeannie’s mother, Irene, who worries for her daughter’s health and safety.
The duo join previously announced guest stars Jason Gedrick (Dexter) and PJ Brown (Boardwalk Empire) in the episode, which is slated to air this month.
Arquette, whose Medium wrapped last year, is with Gersh and 3 Arts. Meara, whose credits include Stiller & Meara — her comedic series with husband Jerry Stiller — and Sex and the City, is repped by Hartig Hilepo.
Law & Order: SVUairs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on NBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day