- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In a Newhart-esque turn of events, Kevin James will be reuniting with one of his past TV wives on freshman comedy Kevin Can Wait.
CBS announced Friday that Leah Remini will appear alongside her former King of Queens co-star in the two-part May finale. She’ll play a cop and former colleague, with whom he once again goes undercover as husband and wife when he briefly comes out of retirement. (Only in the world of multicam sitcoms, am I right?)
Remini and James were an on-screen couple for a whopping nine seasons on The King of Queens. Kevin Can Wait, which stars Erinn Hayes as James’ latest sitcom wife, was recently renewed for a second season. The renewal came a little surprise given the solid ratings and the network’s confidence throughout the season, upping its episode count to 24. The season finale will air May 1 and May 8.
As for Remini, the actress has been particularly busy of late. Her A&E expose, Scientology and the Aftermath, recently scored a second season — and she also booked the lead role in NBC pilot What About Barb?
She is repped by APA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant