- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
CBS has ordered a competition series from NBA superstar LeBron James, the network announced Tuesday.
Million Dollar Mile will be a 10-episode high-stakes series that gives everyday athletes an opportunity to win big money ($1 million every time they run the Million Dollar Mile), according to CBS. James will executive produce.
The project comes from Big Brother exec producers Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan of Fly on the Wall Entertainment, along with James and Maverick Carter of SpringHill Entertainment. The series is produced by Warner Horizon Unscripted and Alternative Television. Jamal Henderson and Philip Byron will oversee for SpringHill.
The show revolves around the streets of a major city being shut down for the Million Dollar Mile, “the most challenging course ever designed,” and a group of elite athletes with one mission: Stop the contestants from winning the money at all costs.
“LeBron represents the epitome of strength, vision and determination — all skills one will need to complete this one-of-a-kind course where every runner has a chance to win $1,000,000,” Sharon Vuong, senior vp alternative at CBS Entertainment, said in a statement. “Couple that with Allison and Rich’s unrivaled skill for storytelling and game, and we feel like we have a championship-caliber team.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day