- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Executive produced by James and SpringHill partner Maverick Carter, alongside Magical Elves, Cleveland Hustles will be a philanthropic extension of the financial news network’s growing primetime portfolio of alternative programming.
CNBC senior vp Jim Ackerman did not have many details to give away about the project during the network’s panel Thursday at the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour, but he did confirm that James will appear in the series. “Lebron will be on the show,” he said. “He’s going to give us access and time. He’s given us access to a lot of people.”
As the title implies, Cleveland Hustles will tape in the Cleveland Cavaliers forward’s hometown and current residence. James will meet with and offer help to struggling businesses in the town.
Cleveland Hustles joins James’ growing portfolio that includes Starz breakout Survivor’s Remorse and Bleacher Report’s Uninterupted.
He is repped by WME.