- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW announced Friday that Supergirl would be sitting out nine weeks while Legends of Tomorrow moves into its time slot to finish its season — and newcomer Black Lightning gets Legends’ Tuesday hour.
The move will keep the time slot free of repeats for the bulk of the season, with 23 consecutive weeks of originals airing at 8 p.m. on Mondays. Supergirl will air some winter episodes, Jan. 15 through Feb. 5, before Legends of Tomorrow takes the time slot through April 9. Then the rest of Supergirl’s season will air through June 18.
Black Lightning will air on Tuesdays at 9 p.m., starting Jan. 16. It will get the network’s most enviable launch pad in The Flash.
Still on the bench is midseason drama Life Sentence. The series’ premiere date will be announced later down the line.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Ticket to Paradise