- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW’s Legends of Tomorrow has found its new Vixen.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens actress Maisie Richardson-Sellers has been tapped to take over the role originated by Megalyn E.K., The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Richardson-Sellers will portray Amaya Jiwe, better known as Vixen, the newest superhero to board the Waverider and join the ranks of Legends of Tomorrow. The character is the grandmother of E.K.’s Mari McCabe (aka Vixen). Amaya’s powers are derived from the mysterious Tantu Totem, which allows her to magically access the abilities of animals.
The role was reconceived after E.K. — who voices the title role on CW Seed’s animated Vixen series — guest starred on Arrow and was unavailable to have a larger onscreen presence on the Flash/Arrow offshoot.
Richardson-Sellers played Korr Sella in The Force Awakens. The Legends casting keeps the actress in The CW‘s fold after she played Eva Sinclair on The Vampire Diaries spinoff The Originals. Her recent credits include ABC’s short-lived biblical saga Of Kings and Prophets. She is repped by UTA, Denton/Brierley, Luber-Roklin and James Adams.
Legends returns Thursday, Oct. 13, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day